16 Apr COVID-19 Financial Resource List for WA Residents
Many cash-strapped WA residents are searching for helpful ways to alleviate financial pressure.
A lot of people don’t know much about their options right now. This resource list provides quick links that include information on the available assistance, packages, and useful resources from government and other agencies for residents in Western Australia.
Health-related Information and Updates
- health.gov.au – daily updates on how the Australian government monitors and responds to the outbreak, current facts and figures, travel advice, key contact and phone numbers
- WA Department of Health – information and details about COVID-19 in WA
Assistance available for Western Australians
Unemployment or Loss of Income
- Federal income support for individuals – check what you can get, register your intention to claim, and finalise your claim
- Crisis Payment for people who are in severe financial hardship – check if you’re eligible, provides details how much you can get and ways how to claim it
- Register your intent to claim Centrelink payment – register your intention to claim through online and they will contact you for the next steps
- WA Stimulus Package – State of emergency measures, travel advice, government stimulus, pandemic response plan, testing clinics, public information
For small business owners
COVID-19 Support for Perth SMEs – This is a comprehensive guide we have published which includes details on how small business owners in WA can get access to the stimulus package currently being offered by the federal and territory government.
- List of banks which are freezing mortgages for COVID-19 – If your bank doesn’t appear on the list, don’t panic. Even if your bank has not yet announced it is offering repayment holidays for home loan customers, almost all banks offer financial hardship programs, intended to help customers experiencing difficulties manage their finances. Contact your bank, explain your situation, and work with one another to look for a suitable solution.
- Deduction for expenses of employees working from home
- Steps to take if you’re struggling to pay rent – steps to help you stay in your home and avoid evictio
- Information for WA Tenants
- Financial support for energy and internet bills
Hope you found these quick links valuable. If you want any additional information on, or you have a specific circumstance which was not covered in the list, feel free to give me a ring on 0408 081 082 or send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org I’m here with you and I’m here for you!
Credit Representative Number 486927 is authorised under Australian Credit Licence 389328.
This article provides general information only and has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. We recommend that you consider whether it is appropriate for your circumstances and your full financial situation will need to be reviewed prior to acceptance of any offer or product. It does not constitute legal, tax or financial advice and you should always seek professional advice in relation to your individual circumstances. Subject to lenders terms and conditions, fees and charges and eligibility criteria apply.